View Single Post
Old 8th December 2020, 09:35   #47
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Jamie you really don't have a clue, do you?
It's not a case of what clutch is fitted, you cannot exceed the physical properties of the clutch.
A particular clutch can only take a certain amount of power based on the diameter, surface area, and friction material of the clutch along with clamping load from the pressure plate.
You can look these up if you want all the information is available.
Beyond the specified limits the additional power at first causes micro slippage but this quickly accelerates to destruction of the clutch.
That torque figure is also beyond the capabilities of both the Getrag and Jatco gearboxes.

Rob Drinkwater found that out when he destroyed the transmission shaft on his car.

By the way before you criticize Rob you should really should look up who he is and what his achievements are

Russ
Just because your map can't achieve the torque values, there is no need to talk down the opposition.

You should ask people who have gone from the 160 to a much more torquey map. As you can see from the graph, that is peak torque and doesn't run at 300lbft+ all the time.

I have posted a dyno run proof of the results, much more than anyone has done for the 160 map. My numbers are more credible than an excel sheet and a video of people sat on a car to keep it on the dyno...

I've spoken to Rob on Facebook, he is adamant that an OBD reading will give accurate numbers, even when a gear change is done in the middle of it...

Why is it that people here have never trusted something new? Ever since I have tried to offer something on here people always moan and say to go to one of the T4 guys. When you guys eventually leave there will be no one left if anyone new gets pushed out.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote