View Single Post
Old 14th July 2020, 08:27   #21
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky2778 View Post
Russ are the ones that leak the ones with the modified pressure regulator do you know?

I'm considering a synergy box as no-one does a T4 within 175 miles of me.

But I also have an early facelift with a noisy, droning by-the-looks-of-it regulator.

Do they leak from the regulator seals/housing or the piston seals?

Can they be removed without mucking about with the timing chain or is at a bigger job than that do you know please?
Just so you know, the "160" upgrade is NOT a Rover map. It was added to the T4 software that certain traders have for easy install. There is a mild boost of fuelling in the map but nothing drastic. You will achieve around 140-145bhp if all is well with your car.

A performance map from a tuning company such as SAWS or Force Tuning can get you closer to the "160" number, but it's not possible to hit with the stock turbo, you run out of boost. With a manual boost controller set to 24psi you can hit just shy of 155bhp.

Fit a bigger turbo and you will then be limited by the fuel system to around 165bhp.

I've said time and time again that a dyno run with video and printout proof should be done for this map. There is some sketchy evidence that is an excel spreadsheet showing that a car hit 170bhp with the map and a synergy box, but it is simply not possible because of the mechanical limitations.

There are a few people that have gone from a "160" map to one that maxes at around 155bhp and they have noticed a significant performance increase. I wonder how that is?