View Single Post
Old 16th July 2020, 13:04   #26
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
See you're still plugging your mates tuning company whilst dismissing our tunes Jamie, some things never change

Everyone who knows anything about dyno's knows that you can test the same car on numerous occasions without modification and get entirely different readings. you can get it to read what you want.
Just because you've not managed to get a car mapped to 160 doesn't mean it can't be done.

We've never claimed that a 160 remap will definately produce it on a particular car only that on independant Dyno's have shown that it was achieved when tested by members that had it applied.

Russ

Russ to be honest I couldn't give a monkey's whether the 160 remap actually produces 160bhp on my car or if it is a tad shy of it. Let's face it if you were hooning a Jaguar XJ220 and only got to 212 mph (as they did on test) would you be moaning about going 8 mph faster or enjoying the ride?

The fact remains that this remap improves the car's performance no end giving a very tractable power delivery and makes the car far more enjoyable to drive. It also makes for safer overtaking. As a bonus fuel consumption is good, there is no increase in exhaust smoke, and it has proved to be reliable with no detriment to the pump seals or any other engine component if my car is anything to go by, which as you know is well on the way back from the Moon mileage wise.

A job well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
I fitted a box with switch to my CDTi just before I accidentally bought the ZT so have only done 30 minutes' testing. I'm seriously impressed though, particularly as it works on top of the 160 remap I had done a couple of years ago. I've read several anecdotal reports of damage to fuel pumps due to the increased fuel pressure which the box uses but have not read any "documented" reports which would provide evidence for this. So my question is:-
  • Have you or someone you actually know of, experienced fuel pump problems (e.g. leaking seals) as a result of using a Synergy box
These have been popular add-ons over the years so a survey of owners' experiences with them will be useful. Please keep replies to actual experiences - positive or negative - rather than explanations or opinions. Thanks.

Dougie.

Dougie I think you are wasting your time with this thread - there is no documented evidence of 'fuel pump problems (e.g. leaking seals) as a result of using a Synergy box'

How can there be? You would have to carry out extensive testing to prove the Synergy box was the cause of the seals failing. It can only be anecdotal evidence on a forum, and there is plenty of it on here whereby seals have failed and there was a Synergy fitted.

If you want to run with a Synergy box then do it and see how you go. But if and when the seals fail you will be yet another supplier of anecdotal evidence simply because you won't be able to evidentially prove the root cause of the seal failure one way or another.