Old 12th July 2022, 21:50   #21
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Little update on mine. Had an air con chap out this afternoon and he successfully tracked down the leak on the system to the Condenser as Suzubulu suggested.

How big a job is it to change this over? I assume bumper off for starters. Is it something a novice could do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
If you can work a spanner and socket set, you can do it, I did and I'm thick 😁 bumper off, slam panel off keeping the lights attached, crash beam off then you can get at the condenser. Undo the 2 aircon pipes and make sure you clean the surfaces of the pipes thoroughly. Fit new "o" rings then put it all together again. Have fun 😎

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
Hi Tom.
As Ron says first remove the bumper, top bolts x 9

Leave the centre one in loose.

The do the wheel arch bolts two at the top 10mm or could be screws.

Two more screw lower down 99.9% of the times these are not attached anyway.

Then move to the quick turn buckle fixing or 10mm bolts if they have been changed as mine have. x 4

You then have another 3 self tapping screws on each corner of the lower bumper 6 overall.

Once they are all remove thumb on the wing and pull down and outwards the side of the bumper.

Now remove the centre bolt you left in on the top of the bumper, so the bumper can be lowered down to the ground.

Last job is to undo the grey plug and you can move the bumper away from the car altogether.

You are now ready to tackle the the slam panel with the lights and the crash bar attached as one unit.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote