View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 16:35   #1
Spacemonkey

Freelander V6

Default KV6 engine P0172 Code and misfiring/lack of power

Hello All.

I have a freelander which has the KV6 engine so hoping someone on this forum may be able to help me. The engine warning light has come on and keeps coming on even after clearing the DTC.

The code is P0172 which is Bank 1 Engine Bank too rich.

The o2 sensors have been replaced and they were not working, but the engine code came back.

The engine is very lumpy when it is idling and almost feels as if there is no power low down until you rev the engine and then it kicks into life.

Its been in the garage today and there was also a misfire code showing on their diagnostic equipment. Spark plugs have been replaced and the coils tested and all fine. But still no power low down and misfiring. Headgasket etc was all tested and I've been told was fine.

The fuel trims codes are also showing the engine is running very rich, down about -20% on Bank 1 which is what is setting the P0172 code off.

The inlet manifold (plastic thing on top) doesn't appear to make any noise when you shake it and taking the balance vis motor off showed the butterfly valve was ok.

Currently running out of ideas and thinking the engine has had it with a ghostly problem.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Or can think of something else we can try?
Spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote