View Single Post
Old 20th July 2014, 06:55   #122
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff, a very nice HDR image.

A photo which otherwise had started off as dull and uninteresting. I thought how could I change this, which would do justice to the seascape and capture the feeling of an impending storm in that moment

When I posted up the photo on Facebook it received many positive comments and likes from friends around the world, people who know what they like and who are not necessarily professional/amateur photographers themselves.

I have known some photographers to poo poo HDR and make snide comments dismissing it as a tool used to cover up mistakes. A kind of snobbery. Fortunately not everyone agrees
Attachment 37230
Nothing wrong with doing HDR Phil
It is just another tool to use to get the image you want.
It's no different to cloning out unwanted parts of a scene, adding a different sky,
Selective cropping etc etc.
They are all image manipulation, heck even adding different filters on the lens is manipulation
What matters is whether you like the end result Sir, doesn't matter what the purist may think as it isn't sitting in their photo album!
I for one love the colours and vibrancy in the scene, as said before it looks like a painting and makes you want to be there