View Single Post
Old 12th March 2015, 19:29   #10
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Default 75 M47R oil change

I am about to attempt my first oil change since acquiring my car last Sept I have covered 6k Miles and the oil is as black as the Ace of spades! (I do mostly motorway mileage and rarely exceed 2k RPM ( And cruise happily at 70 MPH! my car has FSH from new and as far as I can see all has been done properly In The past.

I have collected all that I need : Oil :Mobil 10/40, Slick 50 (used it in 17 cars over 30 years!), Oil Filter, 36 mm low profile socket, fuel filter, air filter, a sealy vac extractor , this is because like so many other members I would prefer to do it this way as I do not want to have to invest in a new trolley jack or heavy duty axle stands and have to grovel around trying to remove the engine tray. I have watched the you tube video of the american Topsider in use and I recommend every member that does not have access to a proper lift or pit to view this as This method just looks the buisiness , if the topsider was available in this country I would have surely bought one but imported from the US it would cost nearly £100.

Last edited by Busboy; 12th March 2015 at 19:45.. Reason: spelling
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote