View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 21:41   #43
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Just come across this post again. Guess what? ..........Still not fitted.
I did the same thing after having a new set of damper struts off DMGRS fitted 3 1/2 years (16K miles) back (see post #24).
Attacking a front-end off job over the last couple of week (replacing the AC condensor and releasing a stuck bonnet) and remembered the protectors.
I had to fit a new wheel arch liner anyway so decided to fit the protectors first - only to find the O/S damper is leaking!
I offered up the protector anyway - and it don't fit, the spring seating flange profile is different!!! Got hold of Matt who appeared to be vaguely aware of the situation by suggesting that "old tooling was lost and things have altered meantime". I can appreciate the sentiment but whilst things changed why didn't 'they' incorporate the shielding feature in the revised flange design; it also appears negligent and a liability to prevent a recall safety feature from being retro fitted whilst ignoring a known design fault/weakness. I'm guessing the SIAC cars could also bust springs and subsequently puncture tyres and all that entails.
...and beware replacement dampers.
Still waiting for Matt to let em know about the leaking damper.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote