View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 17:33   #513
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Not good news concerning various neighbours...................

................................. we have one in hospital having suffered a massive heart attack. Touch and go at the moment. Another neighbour has suffered a stroke, initially in hospital but home now. Unable to speak and struggling to walk. His family have rallied round to help his wife as best they can in these troubled times.
Elderly lady across the road has had a fall and broke her wrist.

My neighbour, Karen, is due to go into hospital next month for knee replacement. Was due to go into the local NHS hospital but she is now going into the local Nuffield hospital. Fingers crossed it all goes ahead. And to cap it all I’ve had a fall. Tripped over my neighbours dogs lead. Fell backwards, my well cushioned rear absorbed the fall. But I did end flat on my back on the pavement. Winded but ok. Took me a few minutes to grasp what had happened. The dog, a golden retriever puppy came and sat on my lap.

It took Gerry and Karen to get me on my feet, and then they me made sit on the step. To get my breath back.
And the puppy came and sat on my lap again. Bruised my shoulder but other than that I was ok.
The weather has not been all that good, mostly rain but a few clear days. Managed to get my winter pansies in. Mostly in pots but a few made it into the ground.

I have strawberries still flowering, and berries are coming through. And the friendship rose is flowering for the third time this year. It’s never done that before. And my two Camila bushes are starting to flower, not sure if they are late or very early to flower. Still it adds colour to the gardens. Been up the tip with the garden rubbish twice this week.
Both cars are running ok. But Banana will be going in to the workshop in the New Year to get the gremlins sorted out for once and all.
The Bear has been back to the garage to sort out the ongoing brake problem.

Richards ex-wife, who suffered a stroke, is still in hospital but is getting better. She was supposed to be in court next month to answer the burglary and handling stolen goods charges. That looks like it will be put back till she is able to leave hospital, and strong enough to go to court. Knowing her it will be a long time before that happens. Her daughter, Elizabeth, has been in contact with her mum but only by letter as no visitors are not allowed. Not sure how things will pan out.

As you may know that on the 30th November 2017 I was notified by letter that not only had my older brother passed away but he had been cremated as well. Trying to find out why I wasn’t told that he was in hospital with inoperable cancer or why I wasn’t told about his death and the date of his funeral was an uphill battle. Up and till now I was no wiser. All I knew was where his ashes had been scattered, or so I thought. Last year, 2019, on one of my mini tours I attended the the cemetery in Sussex to pay my respects.
Turns out his ashes HAVE NOT been scattered yet.

When my mobile rings if I don’t recognise the number I don’t pick up the phone, so when it rang three weeks ago I let it go to voicemail. Came as a surprise to hear a lady wanting to speak to me about the death of my brother. So I phoned back. Turns out that she is a solicitor acting on my sister in laws behalf. The solicitor said that she had written to me 6 times and all 6 letters had been returned unopened. I politely asked where she had been sending the letters to. “Barkingside”. She replied. And I said, “there lies the problem as I moved out in June 2018”.

So I asked where did you get my mobile number from, she said that my sister in law had come across it whilst sorting through my brothers papers. Personally I don’t believe that for one moment but I have no proof. Anyway my sister in law now wants to see me and explain everything. I asked if that was the case then why not phone me direct. The solicitor replied that it was best done through a third party in case I lost my temper and shouted at her. As if I would?

They want me to travel to Southend, in Essex, and meet at the solicitors office. My answer was owing to the lockdown there was no way I was driving that far to see them. And what guarantees was there that my sister in law would actually attend, as the last time we was supposed to meet she failed to turn up.
I very politely said to the solicitor that if my sister in law wanted to speak to me then she can phone me direct.

Well that was three weeks ago. Absolutely nothing since. No phone calls or letters from anyone.(I did give the solicitor my new address). I cannot phone my sister in law as I don’t know where she is. She sold the house in Southend Essex soon after my brother passed away. And I don’t see why I have to do all the chasing about. She could still be in Southend or at a daughters in Chichester or maybe at her son’s who lives on the Isle of Man.
To be perfectly honest it doesn’t bother me anymore to the reasons why. And up and till three weeks ago I had not given it much thought.

So that’s the news up to date.

I hope you are all keeping well and keeping out of trouble.

Thanks for reading. Hoping to catch up with some of you in the New Year.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote