View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 18:23   #28
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
The travelling community will be falling over themselves to get their vehicles fitted with the gizmo so they can contribute to the nations tax collection once road pricing is in force.

They'll just go & steal another one (A road in London t'other day) You cant tell me this guy didn't know he was crashing into those parked cars!!!

I dare say it will be getting squeaky bum time in 5 years time! especially if the upcoming Euro Cat 7 goes through in it's present form. If people are to move to EV's and the traffic into petrol stations becomes less & less what will become of those places! they don't exactly make money selling petrol/diesel & if the cars don't come onto the forecourt to fuel up & use the shop they will be closing down unless they take out the pumps & replace them with fast chargers & a cafe.

What about the garages that service & maintain ICE vehicles! will they still be around in the numbers they are today!

Will they downsize because of the reduction in ICE numbers! or will they retrain their mechanics into EV technicians to work on BEV's!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote