Thread: Spider Bite
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2020, 07:22   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Spider Bite

I'm not too bothered by spiders, I am aware that there is very little chance of anything venomous doing any damage here in England. I knew that I had company in the lounge and had seen the bigger hairy ruddy coloured beastie lurking behind one of the curtains the other day. It does trouble me when I get a face full of web so this morning thought that "she" had to go. My method is to wrap a piece of loo roll round it as I catch, though this one was worth taking a picture of, so I had a jar ready for the transfer. In an awkward position up in the cornice area, I set up my climbing chair onto the arm of the sofa.

Got into position, wrapped the tissue round it and applied light pressure to then receive more than a light bite (I suspect) in my finger, and shocked I dropped the beast and since then have had a strong tingling in my finger. Oh shock horror. Half an hour and still have the sensation of pin NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- (oh, that word used in this context is not rude) irritation and so far, nothing more. I will be searching more for the spider later, but this time with the vacuum cleaner, it's days are numbered.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote