View Single Post
Old 12th March 2017, 00:47   #3
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Agree with you Rick, as an ex-Essex boy I know what the Essex traffic cops can be like.
it's got bad down here. All they're interested in are easy ticket wins so motorists are targeted as it's quick cash in and no one can fight against it, easy money in and easy work. Comes to proper police work and catching real criminals that are affecting people directly, making them feel unsafe even in their own homes and they're not interested, because that would mean actually doing some work.

then they wonder why people don't have faith in the police no more. Only ones I've ever come across are either totally utterly useless, liars, or think they're above the law.

In Thurrock you pay tax to get your bins collected, that's about it. Non existent police service, hospitals are overcrowded so if you need to go A&E take a sleeping bag and a stash of food and a few movies as you'll be sitting in there for several hours before you're even seen, can't ever get a local doctor's appointment - call up your doctors because you're sick and they'll say we're busy but have a slot free next month when you're feeling better, roads are a tip looking like they've been cluster bombed and they keep doing those stupid patch work repairs that just crumple away after 2 months. so many cars are being damaged by pot holes, our local community facebook page have so many posts every week where someones hit a pot hole and completely destroyed their alloy wheel, council not interested in compensating and will do everything they can to wriggle out of paying up. I've hit so many in the last 3 years I am amazed that my Apex's are still in one piece, they really are solid wheels as several times now I've expected to find a nice dent in the rim. The areas look like a scene out of walking dead looking abandoned for years nothings trimmed or maintained by the council, we don't even get Christmas lights no more or flowers put up on the hanging baskets in our town centres like we used to. When I actually sit there and think what do I get for my money, I get my bins collected (and even that goes out the window when it comes to a bank holiday weekend) and I get streetlighting at night, and we're lucky to even have that as in the surrounding areas they turn them all off at night!
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 12th March 2017 at 01:31..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote