Thread: Roof rack
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 21:45   #14
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

ok, here's an update on this:

After some research I discovered that MontBlanc make roofrack bars with a "foot pack" available that fixes on using the integral fixing points on the Rover 75 saloon.

Various stockists' websites and visits to a couple of shops proved to be very unhelpful regarding exactly what I needed to buy, but I eventually got the info by writing to [email protected] who replied very promptly and said:
We have 2 roof bar systems which fit the Rover 75 4dr Saloon 2002 using the integral fixing points. I have attached the fitting instructions for both systems so that you can see how they fit.

Ready Range
RF15 (Part No 747015) available with steel bar only.

Flex Range
Foot Pack (Part No 785999)
Fitting Kit (Part No 786013)
Steel Bar (Part No 774061) or Aluminium Bar (Part No776062)

They also recommended buying from www.wilcodirect.co.uk, who gave me a very quick response with a price for the "Flex Range", and then free delivery within 72 hours.

The kit did indeed include everything needed to fix to the Rover 75 including rubber footings that follow the roof contours at the mounting points front and back, plus instructions. The instructions were a bit hard to follow, but I got there in the end, and with a bit of adjustment from the width settings that they quoted for the rear bar, it all fitted ok.

See pictures below:

So that's the end of the story for the moment. Once installed (no tools needed and takes about 15 mins to install each time, once the initial assembly is done) they seem pretty strong and robust and seem like they'll do the job. Full proof will be when I use them for real, probably when I go on holiday in a few weeks.

I hope this is helpful