View Single Post
Old 14th July 2022, 16:59   #1
r44flyer
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi 135+

Default Chasing ABS fault

Hello all...

I've read a few threads on this now including one with replies today! Similar fault I think but not conclusive yet so any advice welcome.

I've got a slight pulsing through the brake pedal at low speed. Higher speed ok. Speedo ok. No fault codes to read with TOAF. I did the multimeter test on all four wheels and got 96 changes of voltage in total per wheel (I chalked every switch from 0.7 to 1.7 volts and vice versa).

However, nsr (particularly) and osf gave some of their readings reluctantly. At first pass there seemed to be an obvious gap. If I went over the gaps again they would give a reading. So I seemed to end up with a full set of chalk marks eventually.

Could this reluctance itself be a sign that all is not well with one or more bearings/sensors? I'm loathed to tear it down and replace parts that are fine but if even a slight whiff of a fault as above is enough to prove it then that's fine. How picky are these sensors? Has anyone else had similarly borderline results?

I have been in touch with Jamie Welch as he has a T4 and is local, but I get the impression it might not tell us very much, or is perhaps not the ideal tool for diagnosing ABS faults that don't log codes. Still worth a shot though I guess.

Thank you all.

Jim
r44flyer is offline   Reply With Quote