Thread: Iphone compass?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 06:41   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Iphone compass?

Long story, long...

My old Iphone 3?? passed away last week. I took it with me for a day's stay in hospital for a biopsy, then promptly forgot about it for the rest of the week in my jacket pocket. When I remembered it, it was of course flat, but this time I couldn't recover it on it charger.

Whilst working, I developed a deep seated hatred of being constantly at the end of a mobile phone.

So, a few days ago I decided it was about time I treated myself by buying a replacement and ended up with a new/ old stock Iphone SE. I am very impressed with what it can do and how fast it is compared to my 3??, plus the many apps that my old one didn't support.

The 3?? had a compass, which you waggled in a figure of 8 to calibrate it. My SE seems no to need this (?). I thought it was supposed to be a magnetic compass, but putting a magnet near it seems not to change it or change its predecessor. Do they use a magnetic compass, or something else?

One astronomy app I have, combines the camera's view, with a view of the planets and stars, but it is several degrees out - on a morning it shows the virtual sun several degrees north, of the actual sun seen in the camera's view. Likewise, all the other features seem a few degrees out.

Question - Does pressing the Home button and going back to the home page, close down any running apps? If not, how do you close them down?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote