Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoir_2 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

My thinking was that usually if the sensor has burnt out or the wire from the sensor to the plug was damaged, then the meter would show an open circuit. Unfortunately this wasn't the case.

I don't believe it to be one of the bearings as the abs fault indicator comes in the wee screen in the dash board before the car is moving. I read on some other posts that if it was a bearing, this would be indicated by the abs light going out at the initial start up check but coming on when the car starts moving.

I also checked the plug to the abs module under the battery as I have read corrosion in the contacts can cause issues however I couldn't work out how to remove the plug. I got the cover off but didn't want to pull on anything incase there is a catch or something and I end up breaking it.

I'm thinking now its likely to be the abs module or the wiring between the module and the sensors. I think a T4 session is likely to be the best and easiest way to find out whats going on. Just need to try and find out where has one.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Glen

PM sent re T4 session

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote