Old 22nd October 2020, 10:32   #4
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Its a must..

Iv been 26 times since th early 80's. I used to go th TT and Manx in th same year some years. Butt be warned it is addictive. Once you start you carnt stop. As i aged th Manx became more appealing as there is more room track side and getting about, plus its a little cheaper. But if you've never been id go for th full fat TT experience first.

I was lucky as years ago there were less restricted viewing/ areas but now some of my favourite bits have to be paid for buy farmers cashing inn, or not allowed anymore. Th speed limits av become more restrictive too. Ie th 50 mph going down threw th cutting just before Brandish can catch you out...!!!

Shall i go again... Yes. If restrictions due to covid are dropped ill av a shake down in May as that month is becoming th driest, then th Manx in late August.

For me now though it's not just th racing i go for its th Island. Its a beautiful safe place that changes th more you get about. Its like Cheshire in th south and th Derby dales in th middle.

As they say... "It's the difference that makes the difference at the IOM"

Go you wont regret it.

I think you're right! One of the friends I mentioned who asked me if I wanted to go still goes every year, I don't think he's missed a TT weekend since the 1970's

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote