View Single Post
Old 20th December 2020, 21:12   #23
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

So glad I found this thread! Many thanks for the pictures that have been posted.

The metal fuel feed pipe that clips into the injection rail. When I removed my fuel feed pipe... The seals and spacers came with the pipe.

I've sourced new seals from dmgrs, I have the bigger black spacer that sits up against the metal silver locking clip and then two o rings. I aren't sure if I'm missing another smaller spacer that goes between the two o rings? I also want to ask.. who else has replaced the rubber o rings, if so how did you replace them? Build the spacers and o rings up on the pipe and then slide the pipe into the injection rail
Or
Do the spacers and seals have to be fitted I to the inside of the injection rail and then the pipe slid Into the injection rail?
Or does it not matter?

I don't have a leak or anything and it appears fairly firm in all honesty, but if I'm missing that small spacer that goes between the two o rings, I'd sooner have it in place if it prevents a possible leak, despite not having one at the moment...

Thanks in advance,
I know I've asked this question in numerous places but really need an answer quick as the rover is our daily.

Thanks
Rob
biffa75 is online now   Reply With Quote