View Single Post
Old 28th July 2021, 19:39   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I got it up in the air again, for another, better look at the work this afternoon, on a jack, and to check whether they had actually removed the fuel tank to run the pipes as they said they had done. They had and that part looks like quite a decent job. I also noticed they had obviously managed to put a series of scrapes down the underside, down to bare metal, alongside the sill and obviously after the they had applied the rustproofing. They hadn't even tried to hide it, just left it bare metal to rust

Note the white spots, are on the mirror I used to see the underside.

I don't know the name for this other cast arm, which pivots near the sill, but that looks fine from below. The red colour, which fixes the bracket, is the first coat of the rust proofing substance showing, where they missed it with the 'black stuff' top coat. I failed to get the name of the actual treatment, but it comes in a spray can - anyone know what it might be - red followed by black?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 28th July 2021 at 20:04..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote