View Single Post
Old 17th October 2020, 15:25   #4
Londonsteve

Rover 75 saloon

Fantastic! As you write, everything needed, thank you!

Looks like we were on the right track with the first 4 litre drain but the oil cooler trick would have significantly increased the % of clean fluid in the box. Alas, now that the dirty and clean fluid has mixed, when doing another 4 litre drain and refill we might as well just using the simple drain plug solution, unless someone is willing to buy another 5 litres of oil to increase the dilution beyond the 75% clean oil it will be. I think I'll settle on 75% for now and follow the procedure at the next change.

Does anyone know what was the official dealer change procedure? 4 litres and be done with, or more like the process photographed, achieving maybe 85-90% fresh oil?

There SHOULD be a level plug on mine but we couldn't find it. Perhaps later CDTs came with a different spec and they deleted the level check as surplus to requirements? My mechanic is VERY thorough and diligent, I cannot believe he wouldn't have looked very carefully and only reported back the fact that I don't have a level plug if that is in fact the case. He was as surprised as I was.
Londonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote