View Single Post
Old 13th December 2018, 19:16   #45
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Amazing when you think about it, I guest its just like our wisdom teeth being phased out these past few centuries. Wisdom teeth have been part of my trouble for years, all four of mine came up, one had impacted though.

My wisdom teeth should have been taken out as soon as they erupted so not to cause the overcrowding, or my childhood dentist should have taken out one rear molar at each corner to allow my wisdom teeth to come though and have room. I was 35 when a dentist decided to extract my wisdom teeth, too blooming late then it was, should had been done years earlier.

I hear many stories where people don't have room for their upper canines to come through, my eldest daughter being one of them. My daughter had to have one canine out when she was young, seems I have handed down the overcrowding gene to them.

Just as some teeth are being phased out the relative jaw size is decreasing. So if you are unfortunate to have 32 teeth and the jaw is smaller than it was, there is going to be overcrowding.......this is not just you and is very prevalent.

Lack of room for the upper canine is common ( last tooth in in this region) and hence why in many cases the first premolar is removed to then allow the canine in, possibly with some orthodontic help. However if there is no room at all and the aesthetics are OK with an incisor next to a premolar it is sometimes an easy fix to just remove the canine and save all the orthodontic time.......however there are usually other mal occlusions which warrant an orthodontic approach.

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 13th December 2018 at 19:46..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote