View Single Post
Old 4th January 2020, 17:43   #10629
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well today goes down in the annals of history as the worst job ever on a 75 or ZT........replacing the ATC blower motor.

Dead easy, only one plug and three screws holding it in.......well yes however to remove and refit, you first need to remove the pedal box

So after a leisurely walk with the hound, I starts in on the job.....all is going well until it's time to remove the pedal shaft, would it move.......nope

So off with the steering wheel, the steering column and now we have the space to get the pedal box out.

Removal and replacement of the motor then takes a further five minutes.

Now this is the time to replace that leaky clutch master cylinder, as there is nothing in the way, so off comes the split pin, and the roll pin pressed out, so the pipe can be withdrawn.......so far so good, and after a clean up the new (LHD) master cylinder is fitted to the pipework, the roll pin refitted followed by the split pin.

Buoyed by this success, the easibleed was taken out of hibernation and fitted the new master in readiness, oh cack, the last time I bled a clutch the car had no FBH, so FBH was taken from it's bracket to allow easy access to the slave bleed nipple.

Five minutes, and 250ml of fresh dot 4, and it's time for reassembly.

So the pedal shaft was drifted out, cleaned and lightly oiled ready for refitting, but first the pedal box needed to go back, the clutch and brake switches refitted, and the clutch master bolted on, that's as far as I got, as the next job was to refurbish the blistered paintwork on the clutch pedal......the paint is drying as we speak

More to come in the next thrilling installment of "The Worst Job Ever"

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote