View Single Post
Old 15th June 2021, 08:47   #5
TriumphStag
Gets stuck in

MK1 Connie SE 2.0CDTi Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Apologies - I've got my Blaupunkt units mixed up.

The CD43 is the earlier unit that uses the BMW connection, used primarily in the mk2 MGF and early 45s. They are a good quality unit and go for strong money, especially if the removal key slot covers are still present. These will fit straight into a 75 if you have the Highline Mav or Symphony head unit.

Yes, this is the one that is in his "parts" 45. It also has the key slot covers intact (had a look on eBay - mainly to see if there were any pictures of the back, and was surprised by how much they go for).

His has the Rover branding and the steering wheel controls do work in the 45 - so I am thinking it must have an adapter? As I say, I am not going to be over there for a couple of weeks, and am planning what I need to pillage from it :-)

As for my car, the Sony head unit is an old one I had knocking around. The car came with (what I assume to be) an aftermarket JVC head unit, which didn't work properly so I swapped it for the Sony. I have no idea what was in the car originally, but there is no evidence of a highline (or even lowline) unit in the boot, and it is a MK 2 so I assume unlikely to be a symphony originally.

A small part of me is very tempted to put the CD43 on eBay and put the money towards an Android double DIN!

Last edited by TriumphStag; 15th June 2021 at 08:54..
TriumphStag is offline   Reply With Quote