View Single Post
Old 20th February 2022, 11:55   #1
GavMcAllister

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Another Highline Screen Not Working Post

Hi Everyone,

I've seen that there have been a lot of posts about this in the past - the display doesn't seem to work on our Highline screen.

The screen does seem to be backlit and both the radio and CD changer are working fine; we have audio.

From reading other posts similar to this, I am suspecting the TV Unit in the spare wheel-well might be to blame? The Sat-Nav unit shows a red light for a while and inserts and ejects the disc OK, so I assume this is working. We also have a Sony DVD Changer below the sat-nav unit that merrily swaps discs around from the sound of it, although the (ceiling mounted) screen for this also doesn't work (I suspect this might be a whole different issue and not related so am ignoring that right now).

I just wanted to ask - should there be any sign of activity from the TV Unit at all? I've disconnected and reconnected the plugs, but I can't tell if there is any life in it - should you be able to hear a fan or anything when turning on?

I'm not too fussed about TV (no signal anyway), but it would be nice if the screen worked for operating the radio etc.

I'm thinking of buying an ebay replacement TV unit and throwing it in on the off-chance, but thought I would ask if there's any way to confirm the existing unit is dead first?

Many thanks, and best regards,
Gavin.
GavMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote