View Single Post
Old 18th August 2018, 12:25   #77
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
It appears that some people cannot see how a piece of metal can be so important to an individual. An alternative view would be that to many true enthusiasts, the car takes the same or higher status than their wives (or husbands). If you wish to experience how sustained negative critique of something you love feels, please post up pictures of your other halves and let us have a ball.
I agree with this, however you are referring to superficial standards lol. I ended a 9 years relationship with 'a stunner' (my opinion, which is the important point!) partly because of her jealousy of my car - which was kinda justified, but not really rational! (it was also partly because of alcohol and change of personality, but that is a different story lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
As a minimum, the offending posts should have been deleted and the relevant parties given appropriate guidance. Instead the negative comments on Clyde's car have been allowed to reman as a permanent record on the forum.

I have always postively supported the actions of the forum management but on this occasion I cannot see any evidence of effectiveness in their primary role as moderators.
Again to a certain extent, I agree, however it it all comes to opinion (Although my agreement about some of the posts you refer to, should have been removed, comes because of precedent).

I believe we now live in a society where some people live to be offended for (not by) others. It has now got so bad, we had a two day training course on dignity at work. I barely speak in the presence of some folk in work for fear of saying something that will upset them. I told a woman in work she looked great one day, because she did! Not in a sexualised way, but she had obviously a put some effort into how she was dressed etc. and in my mind that needed to be acknowledged. (not that I need to give approval to anyone's dress etc - ESPECIALLY not me lol). But I also know that she had recently returned to work from stress. If I said that to another colleague though, I would be brought up before HR dept. because of her desire to offended - she initiated a complaint about our line manager, for questioning her lack of work, which could have been back up with figures! But those figures are not allowed to be used for any HR disputes in case it makes an employee feel inadequate!!!!

Anyway, maybe what I am saying, generally, is that maybe we need to look at comments from an alternative POV before making judgement. 'could the comment have been made with a positive tone, rather than an attacking tone?'

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!