View Single Post
Old 10th November 2021, 20:02   #79
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Here we go again! The ZT190 I talked about in post #73 was written off earlier this year, just as it had reached a high standard. Maintenance was all up to date, the car was 100% reliable and looked great inside and out. The plan was to sell my MGF and invest the money in painting the ZT Then a criminal on the run from the law ran into my car and totalled it.
I now have a replacement, a ZT-T190 from Germany. With the current "Shipping Crisis" the purchase and shipping wiped out the insurance settlement and the sale of the MGF so it's a good thing the ZT-T is in excellent condition.

I am working my way through my maintenance list. I have swapped over the EBC brakes K&N filter, spring guards, bonnet struts, Viton rad cap seals and dash cam from my old ZT. I will be doing an oil change in the next week and will swap over my poly-bushed lower engine mount then. I have a set of Rick-sta's LED fogs and bulb set to fit and have a new IPK screen on order. Once that lot is sorted I think I will do a precautionary belt and t-stat change then see how it goes.