Thread: Fan problems
View Single Post
Old 5th February 2021, 19:00   #30
beavis

Rover 75 Saloon

Talking

OK.. so far so good.
The fan is working perfectly. I will check it from time to time to make sure it is working and to change the brushes when necessary.
I got a new radiator also. (The old one was very heavy and little coolant leaked out of it while dismounting.)
The temperature didn't crossed 95 degree at 80-100km/h (50-60miles/h) and 102 degree in the traffic.
The fan is kicking in at 100 degree, bringing it down to 96.
If I'm standing still and the fan is working apparently the is not much coolant circulation at 700rpm so the temp is going down very slowly. But if I kick the gas pedal, the temp goes down to ~91 immediately. Should I seek for better water pump for the future?

BUT, I always had coolant in Vee of the kv6 I hope it was due to the higher temperatures.... with the temps down by 10 degree I hope there is not much leaking going on. Will see.

Thank you very much for the support, I've learned so much during this little journey.

I'm on to changing brake disks, and checking the braking system end-to-end.

Next would be the Vis motors (currently I got a vis motor stuck in closed position). I will open and clean them as per youtube tutorials).

I really hope I could keep this car in good condition for the future! I love this design!
beavis is offline   Reply With Quote