View Single Post
Old 18th August 2019, 08:44   #8
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts
Exclamation Sat. Nav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coidy View Post
When my car ignition was turned off the gps was still drawing power from the battery, I've disconnected it and never had the issue since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullnose75 View Post
Previous owner had even had a rocker switch fitted to completely cut power to the entire Highline system when car was not being used. I tried leaving this turned on a few times and something in the Highline system drained the battery every time.
John; a word of caution relating to these two posts. The sat. nav. disc drive/computer can indeed drain the battery if it does not complete its shutting down procedure. Successful shut-down is signified by the red LED on the unit extinguishing after about thirty seconds. The unit should not have its power supply removed, either by unplugging it or by disconnecting the car's battery, until this process is complete. Failure to observe this results in the sat. nav. unit being permanently incapable of shutting down and consequently draining the battery. The unit can also fail to switch off if it has suffered rainwater damage.

So there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with the hi-line sat. nav. system. Coidy and Bullnose75 suffered the consequences of previous owners', or their garages', actions.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 18th August 2019 at 08:48..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote