View Single Post
Old 19th October 2018, 08:37   #55
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
...............People driving the cars they can afford isn't a 'problem' it's just what they have to do because it's what they have...............
That's a fair point and one with which I agree. But, many of the diesels that emit large amounts of smoke do not look particularly cheap to buy or run. I took a video recently of a VW SUV that I happened to be driving behind on the A406. The amount of smoke coming out was shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
............With the recent 'discussions' with v8s, I think someone was wanting to be able to join in but felt inadequate with only 6 cylinders just a thought after reading the headline of my daily mail pull out and keep supplement on amateur internet psychology.
I have to confess that I try hard not to feel inadequate when driving my CDT, but it is hard.

I have to constantly remind myself of how popular I am with the opposite sex and of course my universal popularity with the membership here in order to drive around with a degree of visible confidence.

Now, it's different when I am in my V6 Omega. I feel like I'm driving a chariot pulled by a large number of stallions.

Last edited by MSS; 19th October 2018 at 08:45..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote