View Single Post
Old 1st November 2016, 18:55   #7
Eric_m
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club 1.8T

Tom
I've done a few of the hills around the country this year, Harewood, Barbon Manor, Loton Park, Gurston Down, Shelsley Walsh and also sprints at Crystal Palace & Curborough. I do like visit different tracks and next year I'm planning to do the Leaders Championship (Basically the British Hillclimb Championship without going to Ireland and the Channel Isles). This means some new hills ( Doune in Scotland for one) which means the Rover won't be having an easy time.
Harewood is one of my favorite hills, but I do really like Prescott, I was on holiday when our championship visited this year. It's a great hill to drive and the atmosphere and setting are brilliant.

Anyway back to the OP's question. When I came back to the sport about 12 years ago, a couple of guys turned up in an ex MGF Cup car and double drove it for a few seasons, really enjoying themselves and setting very good times. They both still compete but have moved on to sharing a OMS28 single seater with very good results. Be warned it could become serious.

Eric
Eric_m is offline   Reply With Quote