View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019, 18:13   #148152
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hey guys, to all you dog owners... Do any of your doggies suffer any allergies in this sunny weather; any skin complaints?

Out little Yorkie suffers terribly with her skin, her eyes go pink and puffy, flaky dry skin; basically all her pink bits are going black, and her black bits are going pink.

Even her lady area gets puffy and swollen, the vets reckon its a skin allergy...
Wes, we had a Westie that used to get that. The ticks from the grass used to make him chew tje base of his tail. Sometimes he used to get it on his elbows too, on his front paws. When I say get (it), I mean the areas used to get red raw through him biting them because of itching.
His groin area used to go black, and eventually ee had to get him referred to a vet dermatologist. He took blood and eventually diagnosed he was allergic to flea bites. We got cream to heal the red raw open wound at his tail, and some spray to kill the lice on his bed, which we chucked and replaced with new one. We had to spray any area that he used to lie , and some tablets to build up immunity to any future attacks. This was all over 20 years ago, cost about £350/400 back then, dread to think how much today. my mate has 2 rescue Westies, and they both have to have special shampoo and medication each summer, when the grass pollen is high.