Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190, Land Rover Series IIA, KIA Pro C'eed VR7

Default I am going to have to be an idiot

Due to various reasons
I have to leave the North east on Wednesday travel to Gosport
Thursday travel into London then return to Gosport
Friday travel to Peterborough and travel back home Monday

A round trip of close to 850 miles -
The original plan was to use a hire car but as less than a 3rd of this trip and the least mileage is down to work the 45ppm I will get simply wont cover anywhere near the costs of a hire car - and our bank account is already squealing from buying the car..

So with the wife also away in the reasonably priced car- and lets be fair the LR Series IIA is not an option, I got to use the ZT

Only owned the car just over a week
I have no chance of getting the cam belts /service done , getting it T4'd before I need to leave, even if I had an offer to get it in, I don't have the time to get it anywhere

So today I did the checks I need to do before being an idiot

Checked My AA full membership including relay and hire car is still valid ( luckily I get it free via work)
Checked my accident cover is still in force ( same again free through work)
Checked the ZTs oil,water, tyre pressures

It goes against everything I know is right, taking an unknown car without doing the basics on a trip like this is stupid, but sometimes we simply don't have a choice- a week Tuesday I will either be announcing it passed the task - or offering bits of a ZT 190 to members
Born Monday, 14th July 2003 @ 12:51:51
9,940th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
2,948th ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
1,042nd ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Done: Cam belt and aux belts. Water pump, pulleys and tensioners, Hunter wheel alignment, New thermostat and housing, Plenum guard mod, refix undertray, Bonnet cable mod, upgraded Balance VIS motor, One empty bank account, one nervous breakdown.

Last edited by Rikki; 22nd April 2017 at 23:08..
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote