View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:00   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
I have to use Enterprise - a weeks hire for a car carrying 5 folks reasonably ( the days at Peterborough are work days and I am the designated driver for us all) comes out at 241 + 200 pound deposit + fuel + £11 per day excess insurance which we have to take out on any car we hire on company business, OK I get the deposit back as long as I don't crash.. I only need the car for 3 days for work stuff, the other 3 days are personal ( a funeral) so down to me... with the personal days/ mileage I have to do which understandably the company doesn't cover its too big a hit on our bank account.
So your looking at £500 + fuel outlay - with about £150 coming back from my company mileage + the deposit- guess £130 for fuel being nice

I even looked at a smaller car for the 3 days I need then upgrade but that goes down as a one way hire for both cars and only makes it more expensive
I recently hired an Astra/Megane from Enterprise. Cost was £28.xx per day. I took 3-day accident waiver insurance from an independent company costing £9.99 for 3 days. The insurance cover was more comprehensive than the one provided by Enterprise as it reduecd the excess to zero. I was given a Megane 1.5dci which proved a really nice car to drive and returned 63MPG sitting at the speed limit on the M62/M6/A14.

Although I did pay an extra £28 for one-way hire.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote