View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 22:32   #46
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
Thinking about it, when it stalls and I go to restart it, the engines does crank over as though there is no compression !!! spins fast
Might be something might be nothing. If it were to be something I would be thinking about the engine oil ... is it within spec and the service requirement? I have had problems of stuck valves with incorrect engine oil that I knowingly used with the intention of short-term use as a flushing oil and on another occasion using the correct but cheap own-brand supermarket engine oil which failed to last the distance to the recommended service change - I was advised by the garage who fixed it at the time that it was a known problem to them of cheap oil and it advised to use good quality. However the symptom on both of those occasions was no start due to lack of compression.

The wiring in the area of the throttle body ... underneath it where the multi-plug is ... is prone to rubbing and wearing away. I found this on my Rover 25 with one of the coil-pack cables which had worn through to the inner conductors. I covered the damage with some tape but it made no noticeable difference to the running of the car. Maybe I was lucky and caught it in time but I think that it might be worth investigating nonetheless.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote