View Single Post
Old 27th November 2021, 14:28   #21
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

I really don't know what you are going on about. I know as much as I need to know about batteries. I do not consider the batteries to be at fault here and have not in any way refered to that in my posts. Again I advised it was known that this issue exists when charging with a trickle charger and cited a few incidences.

What I do know are the results of the tests done that blamed the chargers. My friend Jerome who has much more interest in this said that they fail due to cheap and or poor quality components. They cease to monitor themselves correctly and so can over charge or catch fire. Even high quality electronic components fail at times, maybe the circuit board in your boiler, or like me the air bag ECU in my Volvo. It happens.

Even my modern battery charger (not a trickle charger) which is supposed to monitor itself and stop charging when the battery is charged states in the instructions:-
RISK OF EXPLOSION. Remove the battery from the car, never use the charger in a confined area without adequate ventilation and air flow, avoid sparks, turn the charger on after connecting to the terminals and off before removing terminals. Monitor the charger at regular intervals and as soon as it is noted that the battery has been fully charged turn it off to avoid the risk of damage. (Even though it is supposed to have stopped charging).

So usually all the above is not being done with one of these charges. Locked up garage, bonnet shut so no ventilation, not being monitored physically. Something goes wrong with an electrical component within its circuitry and the result could well be an exploding battery and or fire.

Nothing to do with the battery and I believe that anyone reading my posts would have understood that.

My background in engineering starting as an apprentice tool maker moving up to Senior Design Engineer in the Electronics and Telecommunications Industry which included tool design, special purpose machine design, plastic and metal mould design, Printed circuit board design and design of the manufacturing process, circuitry design, plant layout, production engineering and the supervision of design and detail drafts-people, production and planning engineers and engineers. I did pick up a little knowledge on the way about electrical components.

Last edited by RobSun; 27th November 2021 at 14:47..
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote