View Single Post
Old 29th November 2021, 12:50   #14
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi John,

Are you struggling with the inner or outer balljoint? I can't quite work it out even after reviewing the early posts.

If it's the inner, I posted details in the Spring of a Sykes Pickavant articulated puller which turned out to be the perfect choice! No heat, banging or dropping the subframe required!

If it's the outer then I sympathise because I struggled with mine until, by chance, I discovered that the angle of the hub is critical. When I pushed the bottom inwards towards the gearbox the balljoint pin released, but you do have to push down on the suspension arm to counteract its springiness. Four hands are a distinct advantage.

Simon

Hi, its the inner beasty ball joint into the subframe. Like you i discovered the outer one is easy if you push the hub in to line it up straight it just wiggles out and would do the outer ones all day if somebody wants to do the inner ones

Thanks for the tip i will keep it in mind but already ordered two sets of pullers. Out of interest and for later tonight oggling do you happen to know what model of Sykes Pickavant articulated puller it is?

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 29th November 2021 at 13:00..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote