View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 09:32   #7
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...uspension+bush
Just read the very useful guide by MWman (post #5),
I should have read before I started.

I'm a bit concerned as I've removed the trailing arm bracket and plate to change the bush and noticed they need to be re-fitted and aligned as they were previously. As there was some surface corrosion around the area I've rubbed it down and painted it with hammerite, and am unable to see the position. Any advice on how to get this right?

I've stopped work this mornig for the moment as I can't get the bushes back in as I don't have a puller. I've tried a homemade method but it's not working. I spent yesterday cleaning the sub-frame and all metal areas around the wheel arch giving everything a good rub down and hammerite covered with wax.
I've got the choice of buying a bush puller kit or taking the trailing arm to a local garage to get them to put them in. Only snag is I've still got the handbrake cable & abs sensor attached as I've not taken the hub off, and that'll probably be hard work now it's laying on the floor.
I phoned a mate of mine who is a mechanic and asked how he fitted bushes and his answer was to drive them home with a hammer or put it in a press.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote