View Single Post
Old 30th October 2021, 11:48   #7
Steve2016
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for all your replies.

It gets weirder!

I left the battery disconnected overnight, mainly to avoid it being drained as the digital odometer display remained on at all times (and possibly other things). As suggested I had the stereo black box above a radiator all night and although I removed the screws I could not work out how to separate the casing, so decided to leave it intact.

A friend suggested examining the contents of the engine bay fuse box, removing examining and replacing all the relays, fuses etc. No damp or corrosion.

With the battery reconnected I tried the windows; no joy. I then reconnected the stereo black box in the boot and tested the radio, which worked. BTW the radio is an after market Pioneer App radio incorporating a reversing camera, fitted by the previous owner.

I then noticed that the radio did not turn off when removing the ignition key (it always used to, though maybe a radio default setting after power-down).

Tried the windows again; still no joy.

I fiddled with the ventilation controls and realised that the re-circ button was not working!

Before making a coffee, I decided put the wipers fuse back in, just to see - NO WIPING!! Oooo-errr! Turned on ignition - wipers respond to all stalk controls! Try the windows - THEY WORK!!

...and now the re-circ button works!! Ehh!

The odometer still remains on, as does the radio, but we seem to be getting there.

Do you think it was damp in the stereo black box all along? - or will it remain a mystery for evermore?
Steve2016 is offline   Reply With Quote