View Single Post
Old 6th August 2019, 09:45   #147882
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Heavy low clouds scudding over with regular breaks of bright sunshine here this morning - so neither one thing or the other.

I too will be working in the garden - loads of French beans, rhubarb and red & black currents to harvest.

And the wild blackberries ripening on our regular dog walks are amazing - I don’t think I have ever seen such a crop.

Looking forward to picking a load of those for the freezer!

We get given windfall apples in the autumn - so I can see blackberry and apple pies on the menu.

Yes gardening work for me too, Besides trying to keep the slugs & snails at bay I noticed this morning the alder tree in the front garden has got a alder leaf larva infestation I need to read up if there's a suitable way of getting rid of them. Got to love those French runner beans, I collected a colander full yesterday for tea. The greenhouse is heaving with tomatoes & the bell peppers and are almost the size of a tennis ball now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - a pleasantly fresh and sunning day at the moment, but forecast to be wetter later.
I had my visit yesterday from "the heating boiler people whose name I daren't mention as Richard will blow his gasket".
He did what was required - but what a whinger! First of all - "oh the boiler is in the loft - that's not very helpful on a warm day like today" - then "oh there's not much of a gap between the boiler and the loft hatch cover is there" and finally - "it's really hot up here".
I'll give them 9 out of 10 for WHAT he did - but about 3 out of 10 for his attitude.

LOL I used to get the same whinging from the electric meter reader before we had smart meters installed, Our electricity supply comes in at ceiling height in these old houses and all we got from them was.......we don't carry ladders any more & we're not allowed to use customers ladders or climb on furniture. He said you need to get it moved to ground level I said if you want to pay the £1500 (that's the cheapest quote I've had ) to get it moved for your convenience I'm all ears.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote