View Single Post
Old 17th November 2016, 22:45   #15
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I cannot tell from the pictures, nor have I had direct experience working with these bolts, however, I have had some experience with some bolts lol (some nuts too, but thats a different story lol).

As mentioned, threadlock, which looks like it has, will make the bolt feel tight. Another thing I have noticed in the past particularly with large bolts, is when looking at the end of the thread, it can sometimes make it look like it is off centre.

Again as mentioned before too, running a tap and die on the threads will be useful. If they run through relatively easily, then you will know it isnt threaded. It will be a little firmer running over the bolt at first because of the threadlock, which it will remove, so having a small tube will be beneficial. Lidl in NI recently had a tap and die set in their offers. I have only used it to tidy up my spare caliper bolts and carriers. It worked rather well for £7.99. Not sure if it will have the set you would need, but it would be worth buying a tap and die for the size you need for that peace of mind? LINK for reference

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote