View Single Post
Old 12th March 2017, 18:25   #38
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Is the car parked opposite a dropped curb? If so, the car can be ticketed by the police for unnecessary obstruction. The problem I have is with people going to the vets next door. My drive is under an archway, and the number of cars that park over the archway blocking access to my drive, the neighbours drive and the next door but one neighbours drive is staggering despite signs saying keep clear. It was worse when there was a business the other side of the archway as they were populated by complete scumbags including the owner who accused me of having "an attitude" when I went around to ask if their workman could move his van. Their response was they didn't have a workman in, it was someone at the vets, only for a workman to come out of their 3 minutes later getting something from the van. Asked him to move and he apologised and did immediately. From that moment on, first point of call was dial 101, report it to the police and log it thus giving me time and dates for future complaints. Fortunately, the closed up due to ill health about which I held a party.
BUT...it was logged as unnecessary obstruction, which is a £60 fine. My issue was it it was on an unadopted highway so the police were very reticent to issue tickets.
THAT annoyed me! I did point out to the police that were I to park my car obstructing the entire road for all the businesses and houses, they would tow my car, but my driveway was fair game? But you know, you can't argue with the police, a lot of the higher ups are literally brain dead, in my experience. The guys on the beat seem far more human and personable, but soon as they get a promotion with a whiff of power, their brains drop out of their noses.

Basically, good luck dude. You are nicer than what I am.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote