View Single Post
Old 12th March 2017, 18:59   #40
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I would concur with Gatekeeper, get CCTV installed on the house and position one or two cameras to cover the road outside your house and a dashcam(s) wired so that when required you can switch between ignition live and permanent live. The dashcams might just cover front and rear of the car but it's a deterrent. Road hawk currently have refurbished models on eBay at a reasonable price.

From what you have said whilst I would normally agree with chatting to the person, I think it unlikely he would be receptive, more likely it would antagonise him further. Neighbour disputes are best avoided as the low life invariably come out on top and make decent peoples lives a misery.

I feel sorry for your damage and situation.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262559989110

Agreed and thank you.

Something Minty might consider?

This clip on camera in the link is similar to the one I have. The one I have is rechargeable with a battery life of 2 weeks. I used it to gather evidence against an unscrupulous manager who abused his position. It's smaller than a bic lighter and can be clipped to lapel or shirt. There are button and tie cams. The better ones have good audio.

Outside of the house in London, the Met Police put up a sign "Warning CCTV Cameras Operate in This Area" A few of the houses in the road have CCTV. One neighbour had 6 cameras installed by a professional, wifi etc He told me it was just under £1000 to have the system set up. The dummy cameras look the business.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote