View Single Post
Old 6th July 2014, 19:07   #28
FREDPLY
Avid contributor

club touring

Default R75 touring experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyp View Post
My family and I will soon be moving from Lincolnshire to Devon....., but for 6 months I will have to commute between the two.
As my wife will be using our new car in Devon, I will need a reliable diesel estate .
Automatic with cruise control for the average speed cameras, comfortable and totally reliable.
And to make the hunt harder I only have £1500 to spend.

I would really like a 75 but would this be the best car for the job?

What would you buy to do the job....LPG or Diesel....

The other estates I am considering are: Toyota corolla D4D
Honda accord CDTI

Skoda Octavia TDI
Mechanical condition will be the priority as the Devon hedges take no prisoners....
Well I can only tell you of my own experience until recently I owned a Mondeo 18td on an x plate the last of the mark 2 had it for 6 years paid 500 sold for 300 with 200,000miles on the clock. This is when I got my 02 cdt touring given to me long story but in short the owner had been told he needed 4 new injectors by his garage since the car would run all day long then switch off and try to restart and nothing! Until it cooled down, yes it was a cam sensor at 42.60 nothing wrong with injectors!!!! however he had bought a new car by the time I told him - In short he gave me the Rover. I have sorted the fault fully serviced the car all filters and fluids pcv mod drop links new discs and pads all round intercooler seals changed and finally a 160 re map - If you want reliability comfort and stax of room combined with great all round delivery of power this is the car I am so impressed having done various types of driving on the last tank of fuel(millers added) and this included the abusing the 160 remap I managed 497.6 miles before adding 53 ltrs of fuel - I love it
FREDPLY is offline   Reply With Quote