View Single Post
Old 14th March 2019, 10:41   #9251
Raspberrycai
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Merc 190E 1.8, '91 Yamaha SR125

Today, I made a plan on what I want to do on my car to get it in the best possible condition. It's in very good condition right now, but a few things are holding it back from being an almost perfect 75. The plan is:

Fix the leaks - I'm still not too sure where they're coming from. After this I can re-install the carpet.

Engine bay clean - don't think it's ever been cleaned, so that will be fun.

Engine cover painting - Saw a thread of Avon's 75 and the silver engine cover looks brilliant.

Walnut interior - swapping from light oak to real walnut.

Android headunit

Cream interior - I've got a black interior right now but always wanted a cream interior, so I may completely change the interior. Whilst i'm doing this I will also try and bring everything to pre project drive.

new speakers

soundproofing ( best to do all 3 of these at the same time.)

160 Remap (still not got round to doing that yet)

Walnut Key - I saw on reddit that someone made a car key out of wood when their old one broke - I might give this a shot as my key right now is very tatty.

Pre facelift front bumper - I prefer the pre facelift to the facelift, so I may swap the front. I was thinking a MK1 ZT bumper but i'm not too sure, I think it's too much. Similarly, the MK1 75 bumper is a bit too reserved for me. I think a compromise will be best, try and make it look like the 75 sport concept.

Fix the chips in the rear bumper - My rear bumper is full of chips and it's spoiling the bodywork. It really needs correcting.

Wheel centre caps - They need painting and the new badges I bought need painting.

Hopefully this little project will last me throughout the easter and summer holidays.

1991 Mercedes 190E 1.8 (Nico) / 1991 Yamaha SR125 (David)
This vehicle (Nigel) was born Wednesday, 15th September 2004 @ 08:14:39 and was the 103,810th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381 - This vehicle was the 3,096th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744 - This vehicle was the 303rd 75 in Platinum Gold (code: MCN) to be made out of 1,685 Platinum Gold 75s
Raspberrycai is offline   Reply With Quote