View Single Post
Old 1st March 2022, 06:42   #12
bionicarm666

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi, I pretty much have the same problem, but a few differences. And I live in Sweden, so my Rover 75 is left hand drive (2003 2,0 KV6).

I had a mouse living behind the glove compartement and she had built a nest behind the fuses. I catched her and let her out a few hundred meters away, and since then there has been some strange electrical flaws much like "Odd job" but the list of things not working is longer.

Speedo`s not working, but odometer is working.
Handbrake light on all the time.
Wind shield wipers, electric chair, electric windows, ac-unit does not work when I start the car, but begins to work after a minute or so (but not speedo)
One strange thing is that everything works fine when I just turn the key to position no. 1 (ign.) but not in position no 2 or when I start the car.
I have done the Instrument cluster check and it seems to work fine. The speedo cable in the RH front wheel is newly replaced.
The plenum is dry, and i looked for loose grounds on the right a-pillar. The carpet is dry.
It feels like some bad ground, or maybe the ignition lock as it behaves differently depending on the key position.
Any suggestions are much appreciated

Best regards,

Jonas Paradis, Sweden
bionicarm666 is offline   Reply With Quote