View Single Post
Old 30th January 2018, 19:38   #14
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
Hi Lovel,

Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see somebody setting up the KV6 tensioner the correct way

This is coolant, confirmed by color and smell. I also had some coolant found in the "V", replaced the thermostat and still have the same leak as in the pictures. Just curious where at the bottom end a leak from the "V" would show up. Checking the inlet manifold gaskets may be a good idea if the "V" is still wet. It seems that I have to remove the covers to identify my leak and prepare to replace at least the water pump.
This car is stored away for the winter, so I have to wait for the spring to do anything about it. In the mean time, it is all about Land-Rovering around in this bad weather.

Be prepared for some bad rain and wind when coming over tomorrow, but it will turn over to clear and cold weather on Thursday

BTW,
Which company are you going to visit?
Couple more photos. Note on the casting for the water pump there is a casting hole at about 5 o’clock. However it doeasnt seem to emanate through to the other side. It seems to be in line with a transfer port bump on the oil pump.

TCO.

Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote