View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 17:04   #26
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
Well, what a coincidence or not! Tonight's Have I Got News for You (Episode 6) seems to have been pulled.Even the internet listing of the series now jumps from Episode 5 to next week Episode 7. That show's inimical irreverent style that might have discussed this item of news that may have been too much to show. Instead an old Would I Lie To You put in its place. Of course there could be another reason.

I now see it is claimed the show would have fallen foul of European elections rules. I liked my conspiracy theory best.

We need to be careful as it is not "European election rules" but "Ofcom (UK Telecomms & Media Regulator) rules " about impartiality ahead of elections (in this case it happens to be EU elections).

We would not want your innocent wording to lead to the usual anti-BBC right-wing self-styled protectors of mankind's rights from the "left-wing BBC" go on their usual attacks. Although, sadly, material facts do not usually hinder such fine people!