Old 6th January 2022, 19:59   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude91 View Post
Hi Guys
Many thanks for your input. I will contact DMGRS and seek their advice. Not being too far from me I may drop the car down to them if they do supply and repair. If they do supply only, Imay get my local garage to fit the new clutch. I will ask them if they have completed the bleed sequence as described. The costs so far incurred was for two separate visits, the first to bleed only, the second to fit new master and bleed. I will keep you posted as to my progress, as and when. Curiously my original garages quote of 800 ish did not surprise me, as a friend of mine with the identical model paid that figure some years ago, so I am glad to have sought advice from here.
If they charge £350 for 2 bleeds and supply and fitting a master find someone else.

This is a master cylinder
https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...5480-stc000110

If anyone is going to charge you that sort of money again to change a master and bleed then have a long day out, drive to "Lincoln" and we can fit a new one together.
£50 for a master, 400 miles of fuel, a litre of Dot 4 and a packet of maryland cookies and that will be your cost

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote