View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 20:07   #9524
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Make a list of the usual suspects. Top of that list for me with any 1.8K would be IMG [ Inlet Manifold Gasket ] during or following CHG renewal repairs. Plugs, service etc can help too. My daily driver 1.8T with the MG6 engine needed two-three seconds before it would fire up and prone to stall until fully warmed. Annoying. I tipped a small bottle of Redex when I filled the fuel tank fully. Did that twice as the Redex was on special offer at Tescos. After that the engine now starts immediately I turn the key and settles down to normal revs after the usual warm up delay as it should and as the other 1.8 K-Series in the family do. These include and MGF, Lotus Elise S2 and my MG ZS 120 bought new in 2003 and in regular family daily driver service. So do the Rover 200 and 25 1.4 K-Series cars.

Now that is a very nice interior. Good to see a touch of class.
Those very seats have been parked outside your house John

I took them in part payment from a V8 owner for a mammoth recoding and session among other things........he'd removed them from his 40000 mile ignition blue 260 VIN 880 and left them in the back garden awaiting their trip to the tip

I carefully removed all of the hog rings from the back seat squab and cushion, and had my friend who is a car trimmer repair the squab which had been attacked with a stanley knife in order that the jammed seat could be removed

It added a touch of colour to an otherwise dreary car, and stayed fitted in there until I was pestered to death by the previous owner of Trikey's car to part company with them.

It served a purpose for me, as I also had a full set of heated memory sport leather seats, and leather being more practical for me than Alcantara.

They are really nice though, and along with the blue door cards, they look excellent

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote