View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 13:10   #8
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
cheers for the replies, was thinking possible maf or intercooler issue.

Intercooler top hose is new, and the O-rings are fine. whether the intercooler itself has a problem I'm not sure. could probably do with being flushed out as it made a big difference on my ZT. EGR has been cleaned within the last year too.

Transmission fluid does need changing, been one of those thing I decided to leave alone until it showed signs of needing doing, since I've heard of so many stories of others changing the fluid and then having issues afterwards. but would have thought that would just cause jolty gear changes.

I'll try unplugging the maf at some point and see if that helps, whats the early signs of a faulty maf? As power along the rev range is fine on the 75, doesn't show lack of power below 2k, the power's just not instant as the gearbox decides to take a second to think about what gear it wants to be in.
in my experience of owning autos (my last 8 cars) it startes with a slightly lumpy change and then it starts hanging onto gears longer and hesitates on downshifting

so pretty much what you are experiencing Phil-T4 is the man as always

most issues are with people using the wrong ATF fluid trying to do it on the cheap

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote